HOT OFF THE PRESS! The City of Miami is the first city in the nation to establish a program to assist families with rent and utility assistance. The city is establishing a website and application process which will begin on May 4th, 2020.
Video in English: https://youtu.be/80hHOku0dpE?t=847
Video in Spanish here: https://youtu.be/80hHOku0dpE?t=1092
Rental / Utility Assistance Program:
- Residents with 60% or below of area median income can apply.
- Up to $1,500 and the funds will be paid directly to landlord and/or utility company.
- Funds will be ready by mid-May to still be able to pay the May rent before late fees are incurred.
Micro Small Business Loans:
- Micro and Small Business loans also starting soon, special meeting next week to approve.
- Call 305-416-2080 or email CommunityDevelopment@MiamiGov.com
Grant Program for Business with 5 Employees or Less:
- Businesses with 5 employees or less can receive a grant up to $10,000 – to cover rent and other costs. (Business must have not received PPP funds).
Small Business Loan:
Small Business loan that is potentially forgivable, if one job is created, pays for costs not included in the PPP and supplemental to the PPP. Up to $20,000 loan is forgivable is a job is created.