2nd Nevada Committee Hearing for Bill #AB458 scheduled for Thursday, May 2nd at 1:30 p.m.
The Nevada Senate Revenue Committee is set to hear bill #AB458 on Thursday, May 2nd. As a reminder, this bill will REMOVE the 10% annual increase in scholarship funding needed to keep the program growing.
Thank you to everyone who came out to Las Vegas and Carson City to testify against the bill at the Assembly in early April. We ask that you please come out again this Thursday to make sure your voices are heard in the Senate this time!
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO STOP THIS BAD BILL WHICH ENDS ANY ANNUAL INCREASE IN THE OPPORTUNITY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Please come out to the meeting on Thursday at 1:30 PM and tell the committee members that you OPPOSE bill #AB458. If you feel comfortable taking 1 or 2 minutes to share with the committee why your child needs this scholarship you will be able to do that too. We will have people there to meet you and give you stickers to wear.
You can attend the meeting in Las Vegas or Carson City on Thursday, May 2nd at 1:30 p.m.:
Attend in Las Vegas:
Attend in Carson City:
If you are attending please call or text us at 702-941-4448 so we can provide more information and connect you with an advocate at the meeting.
- If you cannot attend in person, please email:
- Committee Chair Senate Marilyn Donderol Loop at Marilyn.DonderoLoop@sen.state.nv.us
- Vice- Chair Julia Ratti at Julia.Ratti@sen.state.nv.us
- Senator David Parks David.Parks@sen.state.nv.us
- Let them know you OPPOSE Bill #AB 458 and state you are on the wait-list for a scholarship. In a few sentences state why your child needs this educational choice.
- Post a comment on the bill at https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/80th2019/ Enter “AB458” for the bill number and check the button that you are AGAINST the bill. Then share a few sentences on why you want a scholarship. Legislators look at these posts!
BILL #AB458 HAS THE POTENTIAL TO DESTROY THIS INCREDIBLE LIFE-SAVING PROGRAM AND WE MUST MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD TO CHANGE THE COMMITTEE MEMBER’S HEARTS AND MINDS. WE NEED YOUR HELP TODAY!
Thank you again and we can win this fight if we all stand up for our children!
p.s. A big shout-out to everyone who came out on April 2 and April 4 to testify at the Assembly against AB458. We truly appreciate your efforts!